Saturday, November 3, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle Baby Q!

Lanie, Lindsey, Ginny & Noemi threw a baby shower for me today! It was so much fun to see so many of my friends in one place!! Thank you to everyone who came.












Knowing that it is going to be a girl now that we have done the "hair/ring" test is relieving--I can quit stressing about boys' names ;-) Gail says that according to a Sicilian Old Wives Tale, if you hang a ring *not an engagement ring* from hair and rub the hair on your thumb then dangle the ring above the palm....if the ring swings from side to side, it's a boy, and if it swings in a circle, it's a girl. Repeat the "thumb rub and dangle" until you have no movement. So...mine swung in a circle the first time (girl), went from side to side the next (boy), and then did nothing the last time (two kids)....hmmm, I've always wanted 10 (kidding).

We thought we would have the guys do the test on Gerard at the house to see if his reading matched--we shortly realized that they didn't have any hair at their party so the test would have to wait...
We started building Baby Q's library today; the "Jungle Jeep" book from Nikki was too perfect as Baby Q will come home in a Jeep to a jungle themed room! Unreal how you found that and thank you for sending it from England!
All of the duck themed gifts from Lori were fantastic. And the cake...no words can describe the cake, so I will just add a picture and you can pretend you are eating a bite of this white chocolate cake with chambord filling...oh my...too yummy!
Anyway, I had a fun day and I really had a great time seeing everyone. Thank you Lanie, Lindsey, Ginny, & Noemi for hosting, thank you to those who traveled from out of town, and to everyone else for taking the time out of your Saturday afternoon to spend this time with me. I very much look forward to all of you finding out the gender of this baby since it is bothering you more than me to wait!!



0 comments: