Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend!

The boys have been off from preschool and swim this week and Gerard stayed home starting on Wednesday. So, we've had lots of much needed family time. It's been lovely! The boys have been off from preschool and swim this week and Gerard stayed home starting on Wednesday. So, we've had lots of much needed family time. It's been lovely!
The boys have been chomping at the bit to get our Christmas Thomas the Tank Engine out for the front yard. I kept saying, "after Thanksgiving" and "wait until Thanksgiving is over." Well, whaddeya know....those boys (well, Owen) remembered. So, on November 25th (the day just after Thanksgiving, of course) we pulled out our Christmas decorations and finished the outside AND inside. The little elves worked all day long. Gerard and I were impressed by their stamina and attention span.

I wish I had it in me to leave the tree EXACTLY as they decorated it. But, I don't. I had to move the curlies around so that they are a little more even. And, spread the ornaments a bit so that more of the tree had some. But, I really did enjoy doing this with the little fellas and I left as much of it like they had done it as I could. The glass ornaments really, really needed to be up high and out of Gavin's reach, eh?
I did get the boys' approval of the moves I made and in the end, we were all happy with our 2011 Christmas Tree! My favorite is the top--I have an angel that Owen made when he was in the Rainbow Room at preschool (he was 22 months old) and one that Liam made last year (he was 16 months old). So sweet. I can't wait to add more angels to the top of our tree!


Last year, I bought an Elf on the Shelf. After reading the book, I decided the tradition wasn't really for me. Didn't want my little ones thinking Santa had a spy and creating a false reason for them to be good. The boys should just WANT to be good. Well, poo on that theory. I think the Elf on the Shelf was created for 4 year olds. Oy. I couldn't wait to find that little bugger this year and get this tradition started! Our elf joined us last night--not a moment too soon. And, this morning, he was found, we read the book, and he was named by Owen....I am in love with this little fella who we call, "Star". He enticed Owen to make better choices at a few critical times today ;-)
Happy holidays!!!

0 comments: