Sunday, February 10, 2008

O's First Church Service & Other Weekend Fun

Today, we took O to his first church service. We visited this church for the first time and we both liked it. O was an angel. He was awake most of the time, but was content to look at mom, dad, and the light fixtures. It felt to good to worship this morning and I feel so blessed to have the honour and gift of raising O. I thanked God for bringing him to us! What a great Sunday!

For New Year's, we held the first annual "Quinlan Family Goal Setting" meeting. We set Happiness, Health, and Wealth goals. One of the happiness goals was to have a family outing at least once/month. For most of our blog readers, this probably sounds funny. But, we work so much that we haven't really set aside time to do something recreational together (unless you count happy hours on Friday night ;-). Saturday, we took Tobie to the dog park and then we walked along the creek for 2 miles with O in the jogging stroller. It was so nice and exactly the sort of day I had in mind when we set the goal!

Here is a photo of O and Tobie--thought they were cute. I layed O down to look out the window--really, this guy LOVES light--and Tobie laid down with him. Please keep in mind that Tobie is part boxer and that is why you see her teeth. She isn't growling at him--I wouldn't let my sweet boy near her if she did--they are fast friends!
I finally caught the pout on camera--this isn't the best version of the pout, but I can't make myself pull out the camera when he is really upset! This was a fleeting pout that I was able to catch! I can't resist that face. Everytime I see it I want to do whatever it takes to make it all better...
The shirt O is wearing says "My 1st Convertible" and has a wagon with a dog in it (just in case you can't see it). Hard to say if this will really be his first converitble or if he'll ride in the Jeep with the top of first, but in any rate, the shirt is really cute! Thanks, Danny!
O is about to outgrow his 0 - 3 month clothes! So, if you gave O something for 3 - 6 months; it should appear on the blog soon ;-) Grandma, Jahna, Lanie, and the Janes--be on the lookout in the coming weeks!

0 comments: