Friday, February 8, 2008

O's First Official Play Date & Other Exciting News

O had his first official play date today! Needless to say, the play date was more for the moms than the boys as Mr. N is 6 months older than O, so they don't have much in common...yet! But, E and I posed the boys for a photo session to mark the occaision! Aren't they both just too stinkin' cute?


The boys ate lunch, N played and O watched and smiled at him, they napped, and then we strolled for a 3.5 mile walk! It was so beautiful out today! I had a great time! O is sound asleep now. I think it was successful! Thanks for letting us spend the day with you guys!

Now...drumroll, please! O is the proud new owner of two new activity mats! He loves the first one so much, that we (read "I and then told dad about it later") splurged and got him two more! I am sure that he is too excited to contain himself!

This one is a surf board for tummy time. It has colorful fish in an "acqurium"--really a plastic pillow I filled with water! I think he liked it. It was the longest he has spent doing tummy time (not counting naps where he is held) ever!

The other new one is a jungle that has lights and sound! He loves to look to lights, so this will be a big winner once we get some batteries! It also has dangling toys that O immediately started batting--whether that was on purpose or not, I don't know. But, he was a happy boy under there!

Can you tell from the photos that O started smiling this week? I got the first, full-on, 'every bit of my face is responding to you' smile on Monday! We were about to go to the movies and I was putting him in his car seat talking to him about his first chick flick, tickled his tummy, and the boy smiled at me! Melted my heart! Then, we went to go see "27 Dresses," which I LOVED. O slept, ate, and then stared, mesmorized at all of the lights on the screen! He did his "Ooooh" face and looked back and forth across the big screen to take it all in!

On Wednesday, O got his first kiss from a girl! My friend, Noemi, has a nine month old daughter, Sophia. We had a short visit with them. Sophie was so excited to meet O and planted a kiss on him! He responded with an ear-to-ear smile. I think we are in trouble! Here is an older picture of Sophia--she is 5 months in this one. But, you can see why he smiled so big--she is a cutie.

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

So exciting that he's smiling at you! He is changing so much. He's so cute! Will he come see 27 Dresses with me? I don't think Rob will go with me.