Monday, April 26, 2010

Adventure Monday

The weather was gorgeous today and the boys and I didn't have one single thing on the agenda. So, I asked Owen this morning if he wanted to go on an adventure. Yes, he did. So, we packed up the car and headed south to walk among trees, flowers, and other fun stuff!
Owen was antsy to throw rocks into every bit of water he came across. This is him trying to figure out where to find a rock, piece of bark, ANYTHING, that he could toss into the stream where the goldfish were. Luckily, he ended up with a couple of brown leaves (as opposed to a rock that I pictured knocking a fish out cold) and I was able to let him fuel his desire to throw.

Liam enjoying watching his brother throw the leaves.

We spent a bit of time at the Pioneer exhibit. Owen loved riding in the "train." I kept telling him it was a covered wagon that Pioneer's used to travel with way back when...yadda yadda yadda. He just kept being excited about the train.
Then, he wanted "baby to come, too?" Baby Liam was more than happy to exit the stroller a crawl around in the train with big brother.


I think Owen's favorite site was the John Deere gator. Every time one would pass by, he would watch and wave. He kept asking me if he could ride on one. This one was just parked...he spent a considerable amount of time looking around it and when the driver returned, Owen stared at him in awe.
We also like this guy... he had bees made of flowers swarming him that Owen told me stung him {Owen} on the nose ... I had to kiss his nose "all better."
Liam had fun crawling through crepe myrtle alley.
I wanted to try and get a shot of the boys together. At first, Owen was eager to cooperate. When Liam would face the wrong way or start to crawl off, Owen would hold his head in place and tell him "Liam, you are not listening to mama." That would make Liam mad. So, Owen would let go. In the end, the one up top and this one were the best I got!
Hope you had an adventurous Monday, too!




0 comments: