Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ireland: The End...Sorta

I have been too busy to post on the blog lately...and, have so much to share! I first need to finish Ireland.... although, not sure I will get Owen's photos up tonight. So...more Ireland still to come ;-) But...be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for a too cute video of the boys talking about the trip over dinner one night.

In the double stroller in Adare. I got asked twice on this day if they are twins. Liam is big...but, not that big.
I love, love, love this photo!

Adare had an amazing park. The boys got to run around and play with some Irish kiddos.

Liam found himself on the wrong side of the hedge ;-)
Running with the Irish.
I don't think this gal knew what to think of my two too-cute boys.
Just Liam.
The following day, Chippie, Gerard, and I took the boys to Bunratty Castle to see some of Gerard's distant relatives. While we waited for our agreed meeting time (we were over an hour early...imagine that), the boys wrote postcards to Grammie and Pa.

Once Paeder and Peggy got there, we toured the folk park. I was floored that the boys just went right up to Paeder. He definately has a way with kids. Most of the time, my little guys don't even go to people they know well, let alone someone they are just meeting. Paeder, Peggy, and Chippie are watching Owen photograph the pigs ;-)
Owen and I climbed the 82 steps to the top of the castle. It was worth it just for this shot (take note of his giant lolly pop)!
And this, I do declare, is my favorite picture from the trip. The pony just has me in stitches every time I look at this family photo ;-)
That afternoon, we checked in to our hotel in Dundrum. The boys like it...
We spent our last full day in Tipperary, where Gerard's father is from. The area is breathtaking and he got to take the kiddos to places that are very meaningful to Gerard.
The church in Lattin, where many of Gerard's family attended service, including his father. The alter in the chruch is a gorgeous marble alter donated by Gerard's grandfather.
The farm where Gerard's father grew up. The guy who owns it starting to get used to us dropping in every 5 years or so ;-)
at the farm...

We found the headstone for Gerard's great-grandparents. Its gorgeous.
The sheep and the mountains of Tipperary....

After 8 days...we flew home. The boys were such good travelers, that we are tempted to return next summer with 3 kiddos in tow!
Now...here is my "interview" of the boys regarding their big trip. Enjoy!

1 comments:

shalonda said...

WOW what an amazing trip@