Monday, September 27, 2010

Owens Big Orange Pumpkin Farm

We had quite an adventure today! After having a VERY rough start to our morning, we finally found the pumpkin farm and met up with friends, Parker & Emma. This is really the name of the farm...Owen thought it was pretty cool; but, he did ask "Where's Wiam's farm?" Ha!
Liam didn't hesitate for a second to feed the goats!! Too bad he lost all of the food in one go...it didn't last him but 2-3 minutes.

He still had fun, though.
Owen, on the other hand, wasn't too crazy about feeding these uber aggressive/hungry goats. So, he was more than happy to share the nibbles he was given for the goats.
He did feed them a little, though.
I think he was pretty happy with his own little self for being so brave ;-)
Next, we went on a hay ride. We were pulled around the farm by a John Deere tractor. Our three almost three year olds were thrilled with this! Liam had fun, too! The ride was too bumpy to get good pictures, though.

After the hay ride, we tracked down a guy to do the barrel rides. Liam was raring to go. Owen, was fine with sitting in the barrel, until he realized it was going to move. I asked him to please ride with Liam and hang on to him. The great big brother he is, he did it, even though he was scared.
There they go!
I think Owen was glad he went, do you agree? All smiles! Little Liam waved most of the time, said the tractor driver -- I believe it. He LOVED the ride. I think I've met my future roller coaster buddy! Liam, as soon as you are 36" tall, buddy, we'll head on over to Six Flags...just you and me!
Owen eating a giant Popsicle.
Liam eating mama's ice cream cone.
The four kiddos checking out the chickens.
Owen and Emma had an absolute ball running the mazes!
Liam joined in after a bit.
Oh...I wish Owen had looked at the camera. I might have used this for a Halloween card if he had ;-)
All of the kiddos at Owens Big Orange Pumpkin Farm!
What a great way to enjoy our "cool" weather!!

0 comments: