Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Busy Boys

We did it. Gerard and I took all three boys out and about last Saturday. We packed up the mommy-van with a double stroller and a Bjorn and headed to the Home Show at Cowboy Stadium and it was FUN!
We started off with Owen walking and the littler guys in the stroller. Funny thing was, the Home Show entrance was a model home and we could barely get the stroller through the door. It never occurred to me that we may have trouble getting in the door at Jerry's World with a double stroller...isn't everything there Texas-sized? Ha!

It didn't take long before Owen wanted to be next to Liam. So, Gavin went in the Bjorn and Daddy pushed the stroller. We got more attention from the exhibitors than they probably got from the public. Everyone had a comment about us and all of our young kids. We got so many inquiries, chuckles, and comments it got to be quite annoying. If any of you read McMama's blog, I can only imagine after our outing with our "small by comparison" brood, the attention she gets. Wow.
Sunday, I got all the boys dressed and we went to church. It didn't last long. Liam did not do well in the nursery, Owen didn't want to go to his Sunday School class, and only Gavin seemed not to mind anything too much. Owen and I went to big church for about 7 minute, then I hung out in the nursery with all three boys for a while. After about 20 minutes, decided just to head back home.
We had a fun afternoon, though. Owen was in the mood for some picture takin'....
...isn't he fun?
He kept posing and then running to see the preview screen on my camera and laughing at himself.
Still can't beleive my first baby is a three year old.
Owen loves to feed Gavin. He is really quite good at it. Lucky for him, Gavin is super laid back about his bottle and doesn't care who gives it to him as long as there is milk to be had.
Gavin has also been spending more time in the Bumbo. Since he's in the right position for a movie, Owen thinks it's time for him to watch his Baby Einstein...Gavin loves the little Bee in "Baby's First Sounds" just as much as Owen and Liam did when they were little.
I know I talk on the phone a lot. And, I know that Owen, when he was about Liam's age now, made me laugh so hard by imitating me that I can remember it like yesterday. Sunday, Liam got my phone and had a big 'ole conversation while walking around playing. He looked so serious and interested in the conversation, while absent-mindedly playing with toys and checking on various things, that I rolled with laughter. I snapped a bunch of photos...here are just a few so you can smile, too.


They were playing outside and I wanted to get a hugging picture. The moment was always perfect just before I snapped the photo. Some how when the camera went to my eye, Owen's grip got tighter and poor Liam suffered through for the picture.

Oh boy.
And, my favorite shot of the day. Just a sweet smile from my sweet middle guy.
Happy Spring!

0 comments: