Monday, August 26, 2013

Owen's First Day of Kindergarten

Owen started Kindergarten today!  I went to wake him at 7:00 and he, jokingly, said "mom, why are you waking me up so early today???"  I don't know, I said.  Wasn't there someplace to go today?  I can't quite remember.  And we both laughed.  What fun that he is so excited about starting school!
 
Owen posing in his monogrammed shirt he wanted for Kinder.  This will probably be the only day he ever wears it; but, it was worth it for these pictures!
 

 He was handing me the notebook and I snapped a photo because he looks so much like my dad -- the Marine Corps Drill Instructor -- with this look on his face.
 I love this kid--I will frame this picture for sure!
 We hooked up with Owen's friend, Sydney, for the walk into school.  Little Miss Puster had a smile for everyone she saw and gave Owen a few tips as we walked her into the 3rd grade.  Love this girl.
 Owen hopped in his seat and got to work -- just like his awesome teachers at Suncreek taught him to do!
 Owen was quite happy to be there and ready for me to leave.  I asked him for a quick smile and got out of there before I started to cry.
He is going to have so much fun making new friends and learning new things!

0 comments: