Friday, September 26, 2008

Back Home and Oh So Happy to Be Here!

Five days and four nights is a long time to be away from my sweet little boy. I cannot tell you how much I missed him and how much joy I felt to be the recipient of a huge smile. Even more rewarding--O took a break from dinner because he wanted to give me a hug and kiss. I love this mini-man!

Sure, it is nice to be able to move about a day without the worry of caring for a busy little dude. For four nights after work, I was able to go to a nice dinner and share adult conversation without having to manage a bundle of energy throwing bits of food on the floor, drinking from his sippy cut just for the fun of it only to let the water dribble it out of his mouth and all over his front, and reaching for anything and everything that is even in the vicinity of little man's hands. But, I have to admit that I truly miss the chaos that accompany time with O. Just his smile alone, the one he give me after dotting the floor with food, drenching himself with water, and finding the straw in my margarita, makes dinner time more special. I love sharing my life, and all of the everyday experiences that come with it, with my Punkadoo.

One night away is a nice break, four is a painful separation from my favorite part of me.

Daddy Q and O seem to have gotten on just fine. Amazing that Daddy Q can manage work and baby for five days--you are awesome, honey! But, boy am I glad to be back.

0 comments: