Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sweet Boy

This week I am traveling Monday - Friday for work. I sure will miss my boys! O is getting sweeter and sweeter every single day. He has recently begun giving me hugs. He leans in and places his head on my chest or shoulder. It is the sweetest. His friend, Parker, was the recipient of one of his hugs last night...so stinkin' cute.
All that sweetness is almost forgotten when he uses my finger as a teether now. Ouch. His half-a-tooth is really sharp! Today in Target, there was a lady in the Boots (makeup--not shoes) isle demonstrating the product and talking about Boots. First, I have to note that I was absolutely shocked out of my gourd to see a make-up demonstrating lady in Target. Now, back to the dialogue. So, I let the Boots lady talk to me about the product and put some foundation on my face. O was getting fidgety, so I handed him my finger to chew on. The Boots lady was smearing foundation on me when, Ouch... I grimaced and the Boots lady startled and stopped what she was doing... I think his half-tooth could cut rope! Just look at it...

Okay, even I have to admit it doesn't look that mean; but, goodness it hurt.

O has a great sense of humor. This weekend, he took so stumbles as we had lots of activities with older kids and O was trying to keep up. He was playing in a Cozy Coupe and fell out the bottom. He looked to me to determine if he should be scared and I just said "Wow...what a neat way to escape." He smiled this cheesy grin...

This grin is also seen when:

1. I walk in his room to get him out of bed in the morning.

2. He hears a fake sneeze.

3. When he sees a camera and the person behind it tries to make him smile (seriously, even if it isn't me...Valerie got one of these, too, last night).

4. The bee on Baby Einstein's Baby's First Sounds buzzes in to view.

5. Just about anytime he does something (anything) and you laugh at him.

It is the silliest, sweetest smile.

Mommy loves you, O. I will miss you terribly this week and cannot wait to see you Friday night. Be good for your daddy and give him some of those wet, open mouth kisses I've been stealing all weekend while he was out of town.

0 comments: