Wednesday, September 3, 2008

8 Months Old Tomorrow

Seriously, could O be any cuter? I have to work tomorrow, and then have book club tomorrow night, so I had to do the scale photo early. I set O on the scale for the picture, and got a good one (he weighs in at 19 pounds 10 ounces). Then, I set him off the scale and was looking through the photos taken on my digital camera and he did this.... He pulled up on the scale and smiled so big at me. This is the epitome of O at 8 months old. Pulling up on everything and smiling so big every time he gets a smile from a "spectator". So...I took creative license and photo shopped his weight into this photo as it was far better than the ones I captured that were posed!

Eight things for me to remember at eight months.

1. This boy loves to use his strong legs!
2. He has developed a very stubborn personality...why he thinks getting clean is over rated is beyond me...but, boy is it a battle these days.
3. The pride O has with every accomplishment he makes is really evident in his facial expressions and oh so fun to watch.
4. Little man loves his food. Stage 2 and 3 baby food is okay--but, what really gets him going is the stuff he gets into his mouth himself. Veggies from my pizza (onion included), Mexican rice, and strawberries top his list.
5. Bathtime schmathtime. I think I said this in 2, but really....
6. Outside. O loves to explore new things and being outside looking at crickets, grasshoppers, and our dog is top on his list of fun things to do.
7. Big, huge, open mouth kisses let me know he loves me, too.
8. This is more my current issue....I am working more than I have since I had him. I struggle with finding a balance that makes me feel like a good mom, but also keeps me productive at work. Last weekend, my mom and Larry took on the bulk of caring for O 'cause I needed sleep--I slept until 10:30 both mornings--O was up at 7. I feel so guilty, because I can't get back the time that I miss of him. Today, I didn't even see him awake. I am in town, but was at the office so long that Daddy Q dropped him at Mimi's, picked him up, fed him dinner, and put him to bed. But, when I got home, I went to tuck his blanket around him and he opened his eyes and smiled at me. Almost made me feel worse. This is really a tough battle for me right now. And, to top it off, I leave for my annual girl's vacation next week. I feel so selfish.

I can't believe that the past eight months have come and gone so quickly. Through watching O and all of his friends, I realize more and more how quickly time goes by. I love being O's mom and I love watching his little face when he is figuring out the world around him. As trying as some moments are, I wouldn't trade the give of him for the world.

2 comments:

shalonda said...

awwwww great shot mommy!!!!

The Tenner Family said...

Do NOT feel guilty about sleeping in!! You are a better mom because of it. Honest! This month's picture is Adorable, by the way!!