Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Christmas Day 2008

Santa did come! And wow! Owen must have been a very, very good boy this year!

O woke up a little later than his usual 6:45 AM....obviously, he is too young and didn't quite understand that Santa might have come...otherwise, I am certain he'd have been up way earlier! I know Ben and I always got an early start to Christmas day when we were kids! This was probably my last year to "sleep in" on Christmas Day.

Owen LOVED Tow-Mater. The best parts? The cell phone, GPS, and horn! Owen loves to go over and "honk" the horn so that Tow-Mater starts singin'.

Elmo and O spent some time getting to know one another. Owen even helped Elmo up when he fell down once, to which Elmo replied "you are my best friend." Buddies already!

I would start opening a gift for O, and then he would finish it off in...oh, say, over a 15 minutes or so span of time. His attention span is that of a....hmmm...one year old?!?

I got a really cool new lens for my camera from Grandpa Tex--isn't this neat? It is an extreme-wide angle! Can't wait to play with it some more!!! Going out with O and N tomorrow to get some one year (O) and 18-month (N) shots -- will see if I can't use this lens for some! yippee!!

O got a silver spoon from G.A. Julie. Thought it would be a fun picture....Owen literally has a silver spoon in his mouth--he wasn't born with it though...he got it for Christmas ;-)

O and Claude (American University's mascot) are already great friends, Uncle Trav!!

O tearing into a present!

What is in there?


Owen and his peeps on Christmas Day.


Taking Tow-Mater our for a spin. honk, honk.

Our Christmas Dinner....1st half of the table.


...2nd half of the table.


1st half w/Christmas crowns on!


...2nd half donning crowns.


For anyone who doesn't get where the crowns come from, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_cracker.
Daddy Q is of the tradition of only those that end up with the "large" end of the cracker get the contents. Poor Uncle Ben...he had two small ends and, thus, no crown (3rd photo)...until Marissa shared (4th photo). The jokes were "funny" as usual! I wish I had saved a few to post.
Thanks for joining us, Hoyle Fam! You made it all the more fun!

1 comments:

The Tenner Family said...

What great pics! I love the new lens. Wow!