Sunday, February 7, 2010

Random Weekend Stuff

Liam hosted his very first play date--you see, Rider is the first friend to come over just for Liam! Rider (or Baby Byron as Owen called him...random) is a mover and a shaker. He is one busy boy and both of my boys really enjoyed having him over. I am so sad that they aren't our neighbors anymore and that playdates like this won't happen all that often. But, I sure hope we can do it again next time you guys are in Dallas!

Daddy Q got my Christmas gift for me on Saturday!!! A new bike with a trailer for the boys!! Owen couldn't wait to ride. So, I took him around the block. But, it wasn't complete without Liam. So, we bundled the little fella up and he joined in the fun. When it was time to get out, Mr. Owen didn't want to. Looks like we will be riding around town soon--just need the weather to get a wee bit warmer...what did that Groundhog decide earlier this week? Spring or winter?!?
Grammie and Pa came to visit this weekend. We road-tripped to the lake on Saturday. A fun day ended with a great catfish dinner. Yummmmm.
I love taking pictures in diners. I am sure the locals thought I was nuts. But, there is something about the red-checker table cloth, the people all around, and the fun stuff on the walls that I just love.
But, my favorite shot is this one--just cause I know what's happening. I was too close to get the whole thing captured. That is Pa's hand coming toward Liam like a "spider." Liam just cringes and laughs the whole time Pa walks his hand over in anticipation of the tickle. So cute.

Man, Owen ate a lot.
Daddy Q loved this place. I think he looks like he could weekend at the lake on a regular basis. Don't you agree?
Liam thought the table was the perfect teether.

Guess who got to have the Senior discount at the lake? That's right. This was a first for both of them...the "seniors" don't have to be too "senior" here. Pa was happy. Grammie...not so much. But, it saved $4.00.
Tonight, Owen got his Emma fix. Emma's parents hosted a SuperBowl party and Owen got to go to Emma's house. He has been wanting to go over to play with her for 2 weeks. This afternoon, he was so excited that he even asked me to wake Liam from his nap so that we could head on over. I think he is smitten.

0 comments: