Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Turkeys and Birds

Liam took a late nap today. So, he had dinner around 8PM (aka "bedtime"). Since Liam had gotten messy at dinner, he needed a bath. But, the bath is right next to Owen's room and Daddy Q was getting Owen in bed. So...I bathed Liam in the sink. What a cute photo opportunity (as if I don't create enough of those on a daily basis anyway) ;-)

Look at my little turkey in the sink.
Isn't he too darn cute? I think he should be the new baby in that commercial where they are saying something like "did you ever think that the love of your life would be broke, bald, and chubby?" I think its a commercial for Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo? If not, then the marketing isn't working too well ;-)

And, look at this charmer. I was just thinking today that it would have been fun to have made photo Valentine cards to send to our friends and family...I searched through photos of the boys and didn't see any cute, recent ones of just Owen. He is too busy to pose for me much these days. But, today, while we were working puzzles I had the camera close -- we had just come in from hanging his birdfeeder (see below). While playing, he asked me a question, and then stood still waiting for the answer just long enough for me to get the camera to my eye, quickly focus, and snap the picture. I love that this image is just him-- just an easy expression that shows off his incredible hazel eyes and his sweet little mouth. Nevermind that he is in his pajamas ;-)
So...about the birdfeeder. Owen apparently made this at school last week. It must've been in the house for a week; but, I only found it this morning in his lunchbag. Don't judge. So, when little man got home from school, I asked him about it. He said "ooohhhh...my bird seed, mama. Tree?"
Isn't that the neetest thing? Ahem...note to self...always open the lunch bag the same day it comes home.
Owen is checking to see if any birds have found the feeder yet. I wonder what he'll think when they destroy it?! Poor guy--I hope that they covered that in "school" so that he isn't suprised when its gone.
Liam's friend, Noah, moved up to Level 2 at Gymboree today! Hip, hip hooray! Lori, Noah's mom, went to college with Gerard. I have known her since I started working 10 years ago; but, really got to know her better after I moved to Dallas 5 years or so ago. We were pregnant with these fellas at the same time. And, now they are in Gymboree together! Liam and Noah's due dates were only 10 days apart, but Liam was 2 weeks early...so, they are a month apart in age.
Liam was touching Noah's hair and then burst into tears just after this photo. Who knows what he was thinking. Noah doesn't have THAT much more hair than Liam ;-)

The boys just hanging out....literally.

0 comments: