Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Gerard, Owen, Liam, and me hopped in the car and headed to meet Dad at a spot 1/2 between his house and ours....a little town where we recently bought land to build a lake house. We got to have a good 'ole fashioned diner experience and show Dad the acreage. Killed two birds with one stone ;-)
Can you tell that Owen wasn't in a good mood? He was a clingy, irritable, and just not himself the whole time. Gerard and I ended up taking the little guy in to see the after-hours pediatrician as I was convinced he must be sick. Nope. Just has a mild cold and a bad mood. Oh well.

Anyhow...here are some shots of the Men of Honor at our lunch ;-)

My Dad (aka "Grandpa"--no more "PeePaw," Owen--you're a big boy now, so let's call him Grandpa)!

Liam looking up at his Grandpa, his namesake (middle name)...sweet expression, isn't it?

Owen trying hard not laugh (and maintain his mad mood) at Grandpa while Grandpa was trying equally hard to make him laugh.
Daddy Q, himself, trying to have a good time despite a cranky two year old, a one year old trying to eat his whole corn dog at once, and his wife who was fed up with the cranky two year old. 2011 should be a much better Father's Day for ya, hun. Sorry I was cranky ;-)
We got Grandpa some brand new boots. He was a bit surprised when he opened them...and not in a good way. You see, I thought I was doing good by splurging on the ostrich ropers. What I failed to recall, was that my dad wears plain 'ole ropers...no fancy, schmancy, schtuff for him. No sirree. Just give that man a pair of brown boots and he's happy as a lark. I offered to take them back, but then he decided to try them on.
Man Oh Man. I think we have an Ostrich Boot Wearer in the family now. It was love at first wear. They are purdy, aren't they?
Now, if you see my Dad around town, pa-lease for the love of my gift-giving skills, let him know you love the boots, but that had you not read my blog you wouldn't have even noticed he got new ones ;-)
Once we got home, after the doctor, we didn't do much. Failed to get a good picture of Daddy Q and his boys and the gift they picked out for him. Will do that this week and get it posted for all (especially Chippie) to see!

0 comments: