Thursday, June 17, 2010

Like a Diamond in the Sky-y-y-y-i-i-i

These boys. They keep me busy. That's for sure. But, in between requests for juice, cries for milk, little hands dragging me into the kitchen to reach cookies "pour me and anudder one pour baby wiam", washing blankets, etc., etc., etc., there are incredibly fun moments.

Liam and Owen are playing so well together. Liam is catching on to things that we are saying to him and asking him to do. This has been especially fun for Owen. Owen's requests to "com 'ere baby wiam, com 'ere" are followed by little Liam quick-crawling in whatever direction Owen is going. His requests to "throw me, baby throw ball to me" are met. And, his antics, songs, and silly performances are very well received by little brother--Liam just watches and then laughs and claps as appropriate.

Tonight after our "pizza party", Owen started performing a very loud, exaggerated version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, complete with the hand gestures he's learned (like making his hands into a diamond for "like a diamond in the sky"). I wish this was a video...but, the stills will have to do...

Have a look (and don't forget to peak over at Liam's facial expression --his total interest is quite funny to me). Oh, and keep in mind that Owen is belting this out at the top of his lungs...

"how I wonder what you are???"
"up above the world so hi-y-y-y-e-e-e""like a ...

diamond."

in. the. sky-y-y-y-y-y-y-y....
...y-y-y-i-i-i-i-i-i-i"
"T.W.I.N.K.L.E. T.W.I.N.K.L.E. little star"
...how I wonder WHAT. YOU. A.R.E!!"
"Yay-e-e-e"!

0 comments: