Tuesday, February 15, 2011

At least he looks cute in shin guards....

A group of Owen's friends are playing in an Under 4 indoor soccer league this season. Owen just barely made the cutoff for the age requirement, and we are good friends with the team mates and coaches, and he LOVES playing soccer, so I signed him up. Tonight was his very first practice. His favorite color is green...so donning green socks, green shirt, and carrying his green ball, off we went!

Owen was SOOOOOO excited. He told Liam and Gavin that they were going to Miss Mimi's house so that mama could take just "Big Owen to soccer tonight" he further told them that Miss Mimi would take good care of them and we would be back soon. He was so antsy to get there, he told me to hurry up while I was talking to Miss Mimi. Ha!
We got there, though, and he was as nervous and overwhelmed as I feared. But, after 10 minutes of watching, we sat on the field, and then about 5 minutes later, he joined Noble, Parker, and Coach Jeff. Only hiccup was that he wanted me to hold his hand and do everything, too. Well, I did a couple of times to get him used to being there then went to the side. My little guy followed me and that was the end of practice for him.

So...here is how he spent the last 12 minutes of the 30 minute practice...
Of the 30 minute practice, he spent 10 warming up to going on the field, 5 on the field getting used to the idea, 3 minutes doing the drills, and 12 minutes watching. Oh well.
We may not last long in soccer; but, he sure does look cute in his shin guards!!

0 comments: