Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's a Gymboree Day!

We love Gymboree. I started taking Owen to Level One classes when he was about 9 weeks old. Since then, we have always had at least one of our boys enrolled in a class. Well, this week, we tried a a Family Art class that Owen & Liam loved. Today, I took Liam to his Level Four class and then later in the afternoon, Gavin got to go to a Level One class. Gavin cooed, smiled, and gurgled the whole time. So....the whole family is enrolled now!

When I was leaving with Gavin, Owen asked where we were going. I told him Gymboree and he really wanted to come along. I explained that it was Baby Gavin's class and that he couldn't play. That we would be doing songs, motions, tummy time, etc. with Gavin...not climbing and jumping. He still wanted to come. I braved it.
He was so, so sweet with Gavin and the other babies. He watched the other moms and dads, watched the teacher, and listened to me tell him what to do, and he basically did the class for Gavin today. He was a coach during tummy time. He helped the teacher pick up after each activity. He kept using his sweet little high-pitched baby talk voice and asking Gavin, "Do you see all the other babies?." LOVE!
Friday, we did an Art class with Owen's friend Emma. The theme this month is circus. They painted, glued, did play doh, and had snack. Both of my boys had a lot of fun. About 20 minutes into the class, Owen looked at me and said, "This is SO FUN mom."
Owen's lion.
Owen's elephant eating peanuts.
Liam's lion (and a little paint on the cheek).
Liam's elephant....it's eyes are on it's tummy, it's ears a bit funky, but it's his and so cute!

So now, we have a couple of Gymboree Days each week.

0 comments: