Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Gavin.

Gavin makes me smile. Even at 4am, after I have drug (or dragged) myself out of my nice, warm bed, this baby makes me smile. When grocery shopping, I have never had less than 5 people stop me and comment on his sweet smile. At the pediatrician's office, even other mom's want to hold my baby. I get asked all of the time if he is really as sweet as he looks. Yes. Yes he is.

I cannot tell you how blessed we are to have Gavin in our lives. He just goes with the flow, no matter how crazy the flow may be. Just this morning, for example, he had found Owen's blanket laying on the wood floor. He cuddled up on it and was relaxing while I tried to get the other two boys dressed and in the car. As soon as he was spotted, he gets asked "Gabin, where go? To the bafroom? Otay." And, off he goes...no longer resting cozily on a warm blanket, but being drug across the floor by two preschoolers to the bathroom. Did he cry? No. This baby laughed and laughed and laughed.

Gavin's PT is still seeing him for his torticollis. He still has a slight tilt. He still has some muscle weakness in his arms and on his left side. He has started to crawl on hands and knees a little this week. He isn't too motivated to keep working on that, though, since he can get around just fine using his inch bug crawl. He uses furniture or the stairs to pull to stand; but, he's nervous to let go. Yesterday, though, he got a little ahead of himself and took one tiny step toward me. That was pretty fun.

His wispy hair is definitely blond with hints of red. It's growing just long enough now that it doesn't always stand up on the back of his head like a peacock's feathers. I will miss that. Not sure why, but I love how his hair stands up. He has big, bright blue eyes. And, the sweetest little chin dimple you can imagine.

That's my baby boy at 9 months old. Just Gavin. Love him.

0 comments: