Friday, September 23, 2011

Just Owen.

Owen is 3 going on 4. I can't believe he will be four years old in January. Seems like not too long ago when Gerard and I were waiting on him, our first born. Now, we have three kids. Crazy. But, if I had to pick one of them to be my firstborn, the biggest brother, I would have picked Owen. Funny how things like that work out. He is just a natural and he LOVES his role as biggest kid.

Owen's preschool teachers sent home a note about each of the kid's friendships being formed in the classroom. Some of the boys play in the dirt and dig for dino bones. My boy. Well....he likes to chase the girls. Yup. That's what they said about Owen. He has three little girls that he plays with. He pretends to be a monster and he chases the girls and puts them into jail. And then he turns into a good guy and saves them all. Oy. At a birthday party today, a mom of a little girl that was in Owen's class last year told me that her daughter always talked about Owen and how nice he was. She gave me the best compliment...said that she can tell he is a really good friend to all of the kids in class. LOVE that about him. He loves to talk about his class at school and all of his friends.

Owen has a kind, soft heart, but boy can he find mischief. Like today, for example. I fill up a bucket for him and Liam to use to put water in their water guns. Likity split, and Owen is naked and taking a bath in the bucket. Complete with bath toys and a little bath butler (aka Liam) helping to bathe him. What a mess. He can dress and undress himself (a great help, but also a factor in some crazy outfits). He can do tricks on his scooter. He can ride a bike without training wheels. He plays baseball. He buckles himself into the car.

He is my silly, independent, coordinated, fun-loving firstborn. LOVE him!

0 comments: