Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Playing at the Park

Today, the 3 Emames and Val ;-) met at the park with our kiddos to enjoy the sunny, warm, January day. Mimi's daughter and the other 2 kiddos Mimi keeps joined us. We had a great time! O spent most of the time running back and forth on a bridge behind the park. He is really working on picking up speed these days. Mr. P and Mr. N took turns running in front of him...inspiration for him to keep going ;-)

I finally moved on to Chapter 2 in the Photography Workshop book I am reading. It was about using depth of field ("dof") and creating a shorter dof using the mechanics of the camera. I learned so much in this one chapter. These words I am about to write--I didn't know how to use them properly yesterday ;-)

The assignment was to use the Aperture Priority setting on the camera and set it at f/4.0 or lower. The purpose is to highlight your main subject and make everything else in the photo blurry. I chose f/2.5 after playing around a bit for the pic below.

This is Owen chasing Parker...I thought this was a neat representation of the boys right now...I love both of their "little boy runs." So precious.

So, this is my Assignment 2 Photo (didn't take me nearly as long as Assignment 1--two posts below). What do you think?


Here's O with his "big boy walk". I caught him mid-stride and this is how the pic came out. Truly, he is still 100% toddler...it just happens to look like he is 15 in this photo. I can almost see what he will look like in 3 - 4 years in this shot.
This little diva is absolutely adorable and does so well hanging with the boys!

Kaitlyn stays with Mimi after school and is the sweetest little girl on the planet. I caught her climbing in the tree...she is quite the tom boy. Reminds me of me when I was her age!!!

Finally, a photo of O's snack time. If we didn't eat the ones that fell on the ground, there would be no snack. I just have to watch really close that he doesn't also take in rocks, bark, etc. Which, happens from time to time....

Good times!

0 comments: