Sunday, November 22, 2009

Owen & The Little Red Bike

Owen got a bicycle a while back. He was ecstatic when he first got it--you might remember my post about it with a picture of him on it in the front yard. Well, within the first couple of days we had it, he toppled over on it and hasn't been to keen on it since. So, I just sat it in the garage where we would pass it every day. We never talked about it. I never tried to get him back on. Just made sure it was in plain view so that he would think about it every now and then. I figured when he was ready to get back on the bike, he would. And he did.

Yesterday was THE DAY.
He has been working on riding that bike for two straight days now. It comes in the house with us. It went to Mimi's with us. It gets pushed around from space to space so that it is near him always.

He can't pedal it, yet. He does a half-turn every once in a while; but, I think it is more an accident when it happens than a conscience understanding of what to do. But, boy is he trying to work it out.
He'll keep trying. I'll keep pushing him from the back. And, Liam, his #1 fan, will keep silently cheering him on.
He will be successful at it....and when he is, I suspect there will be no stopping that boy.

0 comments: