Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yee Haw! PlayTime with the Boys.

Owen has been enjoying playing "yee haw" a lot lately. In Liam's room, we have a rocking Giraffe that he rides. In the playroom, a bouncing zebra that also works for "yee haw". Often, he will jump on my back and is ready for me to run around so he can "yee haw." Once, he tried to play "yee haw" with Liam...but, that didn't work out so well. Yesterday morning...this was how he played "yee haw." He got my beach hat out of the closet, found the little horse that I inherited from my grandmother, Gigi's, horse collection (btw...it came to me super-glued together) and played "yee haw." See....

Unfortunately, when moving the horse to "yee haw" closer to where Dad was sitting, Owen tripped and "uh oh...horsey broke." It was a short-lived game; but, boy was it funny! The horsey is going to get some super-glue surgery...he'll be fine. In the meantime, I hope you got as big a laugh out of this picture as Gerard and I did watching him do it in person!
Liam also has something to "yee haw" about! Little dude was itching for something new to do ;-) Mimi, our neighbor, suggested I get Owen's bouncy down for Liam. Boy, did that turn out to be a great idea! Liam is in bouncy toy heaven. He played in here for a good 20 minutes -- that's a long time for him to be happy without me or Gerard or Owen entertaining him. He enjoyed all of the toys within his reach, liked touching the little caterpillar that makes different noises, and had a good 'ole conversation with the little frog. Another baby that played with this toy talked to that frog, too.

And, since I was looking back at pictures of Owen in the jumper and found this cute one...thought I would share it. This is Owen from May 2008--he's just a week older here than Liam is now

Last, but not least, if you are searching for something to giggle about, look no further. As you might imagine, with 2 kids under 2 years old I often have my hands/arms full...literally. I usually have at least one baby in my arms. So, when it comes to turning off toys that are left on, or the t.v., unless Owen is in the room and willing to help me, I have to get creative. Most of the time, I use my feet. Earlier this week, I asked Owen to turn it off, and so he did...but this time, he turned that tv off just like mom does.

Giggle, giggle, yee haw. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Now, that's cute!

The Rausch Family said...

I love the new look of the blog!