Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some Days

Most days with my two boys are fun-filled, smooth, and quite easy considering their ages. But, some days are really trying. Some days my nerves get so rattled by the endless requests from my not-even-two-and-a-half year old. He will ask me for fruit snacks. If I say no, he asks for a cereal bar, if I say "no....wait until dinner" then he asks for juice. no? how about turning on the water hose so I can water the plants? I mean...he just goes and goes until I say yes to something, anything. It isn't really about wanting the "thing" itself. Its about wanting the "yes." Oh boy. Drives me nuts. If that's all I have pushing my buttons, I can usually make it. But, on a day like today, when Liam was tired, but wouldn't nap well. Hungry, but didn't want anything a normal 10 month old might like; but, instead the snacks that his older brother was relentlessly asking me for. On a day when both of them are a bit out of sorts. I go a little nuts.

To get through these days, I find that I turn to my camera. Through the lens, I search for the cute, sweet, awesome-ness that my boys really are. Even on days when those moments seem fleeting, they are there. And, I can capture them on film...er, memory card. Its therapeutic. It reminds me of how very much I love them. How sweet and young they are. And, it gives me peace and patience. Its gets me through the day in a much better mood.

This is my therapy. And, its free (unless you count the cost of the lenses, memory card, software, etc. ;-) Oh well...at least its less expensive than a licenced therapist ;-)

Enjoy the moments I found in our day today...I know I sure did when I uploaded them tonight.

Owen watching the pinwheel spin in the wind.
Liam crawling around the pool in his crazy style that seems to be unique to him...I haven't seen any other kiddos crawling like this. He's a little bear cub.


"Say 'Arggghhh', Mama. {he laughs} That's punny."
Liam insists on eating the rocks at the playground. I know it won't last; but, darn its annoying. We only played for about 5 minutes before I got fed up and we left. But, man, look at those blue, blue eyes.
Tonight I did something I haven't done since I was in college. Really. Seriously. I made Hamburger Helper for dinner. It was just as I remembered....not so great. But guess what. This was the VERY first time, EVER, that Owen said to me "This is good, Mama. Thank you for making my dinner."
Arrgghhh. Now, that's 'punny,' Owen. Really? You compliment me for the first time on Hamburger Helper night? May I just sweetly remind you about the braised pork tostadas topped with fresh avocado and lime, served with homemade mexican rice I made for you a few weeks ago? You know...the dinner that took me almost 2 hours to complete, but was worth E.V.E.R.Y. S.E.C.O.N.D. it was soooo out of this world yummy? Arrgghhh.
Liam, however, didn't care for it much. That's my boy. He tossed his Hamburger Helper down to Toby and laughed the biggest, cutest belly laugh he could muster every time she took a bite. Ha. Now...that, Mister Owen, is "punny."
And, just thought I would finish the post with a sweet picture of Liam all wrapped in the beach towel ready to go home from the pool.
And, now I can't wait for these little ones to wake me up in the morning so we can start over. Gosh, I love these boys.

0 comments: