Sunday, July 4, 2010

Funny 4th of July

This sure was a funny 4th of July. Neither Gerard or I feel to well, so we took turns sleeping and taking care of the kiddos. While I was up, Owen decided he wanted to make Christmas cookies. Well...why not, huh?
So, I pulled out a recipe, the flour, sugar, etc., and we got to work.

Owen patiently waited for 30 minutes while our dough cooled. In that time, he picked which cookie cutters he wanted to use. I was astonished that he was so patient. I thought in that time, he would give up on the cookie idea and I would be left to finish on my own. But...nope. He hung in there! We made stars, hearts, Xes, and Os (he picked some of the Valentine cutters, too).

While they cooled so we could frost them (in the meantime, I also got another nap in), we played outside. Our little British/American boys are donning separate flags today.

Liam looks so cute in navy! He started working on walking a bit more today. Gerard and I think he will be up and running by 13 months...we'll see if we're right. But, for now, he is still happiest doing his all-terrain crawling. He gets up on all fours and just plows right through anything...mulch, dirt, sidewalk, etc.
After dinner, Owen and I returned to our Christmas Cookie project. Owen mixed the icing...he picked green and yellow. After a few cookies, he started double dipping the stars for an added effect. Some of them turned out really cute!
Late tonight, the boys, Gerard, and I walked up the street to watch the fireworks. It was fun and now they are sound asleep in bed. Good thing, cause tomorrow morning is the neighborhood parade and they have a decorated wagon to ride! They wanted to try it out yesterday after we decorated (Owen hung the stars on it all by himself)....
Happy 4th from our British/American family!

0 comments: