Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So Big.

For his 2nd birthday, Owen got this super cute growth chart from my mom. For his half birthday, I hung it up ;-)

Owen is getting so big. Today at the park, Owen was carrying around my gargantuan Dr. Pepper from Sonic and playing on the play ground. As he began walking down a slide (well, not really a slide, but a climbing up thing that is at a 45 degree or so incline...it looks like a slide, with bumps, turns, and side rails...) holding the drink with both hands and sipping it (serious multi-tasking), I just kinda said to no one in particular "I don't think this looks very good." I wasn't going to stop him...just going to hold my breath and say a short prayer. But, Owen heard me. He shifted the cup to one of his little 2 year old hands, used the other hand to brace himself to a seated position, looked at me and said "is this better, mom?"

Really, he is getting so big. Last night I asked the boys to come upstairs as it was Liam's bathtime. Owen went to find something to play with, and Liam followed him. Owen didn't mind at first, as they each had different trains. Then, as Liam grabbed for the one in Owen's hand, Owen, instead of just grabbing back the train and telling him no, said "Baby Wiam, its your bathtime. Mama is waiting for you. You better go. Go, go, go."

He is truly getting so big. 35.5 inches "big," to be exact! I don't know how tall he was on his 2nd birthday, but I think it was 33 inches. In which case, he's grown 2.5 inches in 6 months...not bad for a fella that never seems to eat. (I will call the doctor to find out what he was at 2 so I can put it on the chart).
Someone else in this house is getting big, too.

Liam is saying more and more words every day and he understands oh so much. Last night, we were looking through his little picture book that has images of everyone in the family. I said "where's mama?" He pointed to me. "where's dada?" He pointed to Gerard. "where's Owen?" He pointed to Owen. Today, I suggested we go to the playroom since Owen was napping in my bedroom and we were downstairs making noise. Liam crawled right on over to the stairs and said "go?" As he practices his walking, I always say "Good! Good walking, Liam" after a few steps. Now, he takes a few steps, turns to me, smiles, and says "Good?"

He watches and learns, that's for sure. Everything Owen does, he thinks he can do as well. At the playground today, Owen crawled up the 9 foot slide. Guess who else did the same? In the playroom, Owen hooked a train up to Cranky and lifted it. Someone else was able to do that, too. And, after Owen finished getting measured on his new growth chart, guess who shimmied up to the same spot to see just how big he was?

Little one is growing so fast.
They both are so big.

0 comments: