Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Portrait Studio

I am starting to work on the boys' shared bedroom at our new house. Once I get something in my head, all who know me know that I can't rest until I complete the task and check it off my list. I want a picture of the three boys together that I can use in their new room. I have a hard time capturing them all together. Most of my shots tend to be of one or two boys cooperating and the other one or two not. I love those pictures. I will even print them and frame them. They are life. But, for the bedroom, I hoped for one of the three of them looking in the direction of the camera, all in the same "plane", and maybe even smiling. We got a few.

I have them posted here. I like them because they are my boys. But, let's face it, they are in a studio. Just not quite my style. Don't get me wrong. I loved them enough to buy them. To plaster them on this blog and to include them in my FB page. But, I am just not sure I will use any of them for their room. I think their room should reflect who they really are.
This one of Gavin and his blanket, with me holding him is cute, though.
And this one of all three just makes me laugh. Owen being cooperative. Yup. That's him. Liam being super silly. Yup. That's him. Gavin's mischievous smile. Yup. Fits him, too. But it's so studio. Hum. I know I took them to a studio, so what was I expecting??? Not sure.
This one was a favorite of mine; but, Owen and Liam blurred a little so I can't make enlarge it.
But this one of Gavin. Oh my. I love it. Made the whole experience worth it.
Then, we came home and I tried to get a few of them myself. Do you think I got one I love enough to use????

0 comments: