Thursday, March 1, 2012

Train Table Thursdays

This year, Owen goes to school on Thursdays and Liam and Gavin are home with me. In September, I looked for an activity that I could do with Liam. I had pretty much decided on Little Sluggers and was about to sign him up, when I realized I was doing it more for me. I did all of those activities with Owen when Liam was a baby and thought Liam deserved the same treatment. But, Liam is the middle kid and it's just different. He has an older and a younger brother. He always has to share his toys, play games that Owen wants to play, guard his trains from Gavin, share his mom. Share, share, share. When I really thought about what Liam might like to do on his Thursdays, I realized he might really, really, really enjoy time with his trains and his toys without Owen "helping" him and without Gavin "playing with him". So, instead of signing him up for Little Sluggers and finding a baby sitter for Gavin. Liam and I play trains while Gavin naps for 2-3 hours on Thursdays.

We build a track, then re-arrange it, over and over.
Different trains make the front of the line constantly. His little lips are so cute as he yodels "choo-choo".
This boy LOVES his trains.
And, I think he savors his alone time with them on Thursdays.
Choo-choo!

0 comments: