Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cute and Clean!

O had his first real bath today. Until the umbilical cord stump came off, we were only able to give him a spit bath. I was hoping we could do this together one evening, but O has been very fussy in the evenings this week. So, I finally resolved to do it myself today. I have been having very vivid dreams at night where I drop O repeatedly. So...supersticiously, I didn't want to bathe him in the bathroom or the kitchen as I understand wet babies are very slippery. So, I filled up his little bathtub, made sure the water was the right temperature, and carried the tub to his bedroom to bathe him on the floor!

Here are a few photos--he was unhappy at first, but then it grew on him! He did rather well, I think. And...it felt good to have a squeaky clean baby!

He's not too sure about this...

I think he is thinking "I am quite unhappy, Mom"...

More mellow now...(check out my newly chubby legs)...

Happier...

Squeaky clean and content...

2 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

SO SO PRECIOUS! The last B&W one melts my heart. That clean boy is so handsome.
What is it about babies in the evenings? That's still a rough time for Evan and always has been.

Elizabeth Boyce said...

UPDATES!!! Come on Mama... I wanna see some new pictures! Hope youa re all doing fabulous!