Friday, January 18, 2008

O is Two Weeks Old Today!!

I can't believe we have had O for only two weeks! What a joy these fourteen days have been! Here is how his fourteenth day of life went...


O was up just after midnight to eat! Went back to sleep around 1:00 AM. He woke again at 4:40 AM. Dad changed his diaper and I fed him. O has been hanging out with Dad after this feeding to watch the Australian Open the last couple of nights, but I guess he wasn't that excited about Andy Roddick, so he went back to sleep this morning at 5:15 AM. He stirred a lot around 6:30, so I pulled him into bed to snuggle -- it was cold in the house, so I think he got a little chilly ;-). We slept until 8:30AM, when Piglett ate yet again. Got another diaper change and then hung out with Dad for a while so I could take a shower. Dad did 3 diaper changes in 30 minutes--its a new record! Then, we got a clean outfit on O, he ate again, and then was bundled up (it was about 36 degrees out today-- drastically different from the 75 degrees when we brought him home from the hospital) so that he and Dad could take me to the doctor! Isn't his hat hilarious on him?!?

















The doctor's office has cleared me to drive again and to lift the baby PLUS his carrier--big day! We ran a couple of errands and then returned home. Dad went to work and O and I spent the afternoon eating and napping--what a great afternoon!


Around 4:00 O woke up ready to be entertained. I took the opportunity to snap a few photos. This one where he is smiling melts my heart. I know he is only two weeks old, and I totally understand that the smile isn't for me (YET), but goodness it was precious!


Dad came home from the office pretty early. We hung out for a bit, and then O ate again at 5:45. Napped an hour, and ate again!! Napped another hour or so and ate again--this is why we call him Piglett. Now, it is 8:30 PM and he is sound asleep. I think he will stay that way until midnight!

What a day!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for delurking! Now I can see pics of your precious boy. Congrats, and I am very impressed with your photography skills. Mine are definitely lacking.

Rob and Leah said...

My goodness--he is so cute! I love his face in the last one. I am missing the baby stage a little bit right now!