Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Firsts: Day at Gymboree, Total Self-Soothe, and Words ;-)


Yesterday, O went to his first day at Gymboree. He is the youngest in his class by 2 months; but, I think the little fellow held his own! He had lots of tummy time, which really wore him out. Look at the cobra pose he is doing in the shot just above--he was so interested that he was really lifting his head up high. Way to go, O!


This shot above is hilarious! Makes me laugh out loud. O woke up from a nap very hungry and I needed to go to the restroom. What's a mom to do? So, I made his bottle, gave him 2 ounces to take the edge off, burped him, and then sat him on the couch to look out the window while I ran to the restroom. He was very fussy when I left and then suddenly all was shockingly, scary, quiet. I ran back to make sure he was okay and found him like this. I had to get the camera before I resumed feeding him...it was just too funny not to capture.

This afternoon, I was talking to Jahna and I think O felt left out! He has really gotten expressive and was wanting me to hear him. He was making very loud "Ahh," "Kkkk" and "Goooo" sounds that had major gestures to accompany. Jahna thought it sounded like he was really trying to say something; so we both listened. He was! He said "Agua, uncle" (it really did sound like that all put together--but, I think it was "Ahh-Goo," "Ahhh-Kkkkkk-Ga")! My bi-lingual baby sure will be fun!! Thanks for enjoying the moment with me, Jahna! It was a fun laugh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window,
www.watch4milestones.org
Best wishes, Samantha