Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A too stinky diaper leads to...

Bathtime.
We have started giving O formula over the last couple of weeks, gradually switching to a full-time formula baby. The decision to do this was influenced by many things; but, it was not made with a full understanding of just how stinky a 9 1/2 week old baby's poop could possibly be. Oh my goodness. For real?

Tonight, we had a really rough diaper. For those of you who know me and used to laugh at me gagging at the following:

1) a baby that got spit up on her hand and then licked it...made me gag

2) cleaning up dog poop (not to mention falling in it at 7 mos pregnant) ...made me gag

3) listening to a story about someone picking their nose and...you can guess...I can't even write it because...it makes me gag

4) watching someone puke outside of the passenger-side car door (okay, that applies to two of you!)...made me gag

...and when we talk about my gagging reflex, everyone says "its different when its your own baby." I am here to tell you--you are wrong. Even when its the poop out of my sweet Lump-a-Love, I gag. So tonight, once the crazy stinky diaper was off and a new diaper was on Piglett, I 'fumigated' the house, took out the diaper pail, wiped down the diaper changing station in case any smell was left behind, stripped my son of his clothes, put the clothes in the wash, and put my son in the bath. A very long bath with lots of soap. If that stink stays on him, watch out...

but, afterward he was squeaky clean and all smelly-goody!!!


A few hours before the emergency bath situation at our house, N was over while Mom E and I played with his photos from the "shoot" the other day (see below post if you missed it). They were both wearing Firetruck outfits, so I pulled out the camera (these poor boys)!
The chair that O is sitting in was borrowed from N. N is now pulling up on things and cruising. Today, he pulled up on O's chair, which goes in circles so you can move it and he can see you. N was walking around O and he was spinning in a slow circle. It was really funny...even to O!

Then, we tried to do a posed photo-shoot. The boys are starting to interact a little more with one another (i.e. the make eye contact and sometimes smile ;-) -- they are 2 months and 8 months old). Anyway, here are some funny ones.



0 comments: