Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Too Many Milestones for One Mommy!

So, I know I just did a post last night (scroll down--you don't want to miss Cowboy N), but we had way too many milestones in the last 24 hours to not do another post.


First, O went to Mimi's house for the first time yesterday so Mommy could get a quality stretch of time to do some work. I thought that if I eased in while still on maternity leave, then the shock of leaving him for an 8 - 10 hour day when I go back wouldn't be as bad. He was there for only 2 1/2 hours; and, I missed him!! However, I got a ton of work done in a short amount of time. I think being a mommy has made me even more efficient!

Now, for the even bigger milestone. O slept through the night. The picture above is him dressed and ready for the day after 9 hours and 15 minutes straight of sleep. Dad and I didn't sleep through the night! Dad got up when we heard O stir around 2 or 3; once Dad was all "ready", O was back to sleep. Dad said, "What do I do if he went back to sleep?" I suggested waking him; good thing Dad didn't listen to me or there would be no post this morning! So, Dad went back to sleep. At 4:45 AM, I heard O stir, got up and he had kicked off his sock and covers and was sucking his thumb. I covered him back up; and, back to sleep was O! Finally, at 6:45 this morning he was awake and hungry. Now, he has had a new diaper (could the one on him hold any more??) and a 5 oz bottle. He is happily watching me write this post at 7:22 AM.

Last, but not least, he is "talking" more than ever. I took a video clip with my camera yesterday and am trying to load it to the blog for your entertainment.

Our little newborn is growing up and I have to admit that I have mixed fealings about it....

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Congrats on sleeping through the night, O! Evan was about 2 months, also, when he started sleeping through. I hope it continues!!