Saturday, March 8, 2008

Girls Night at Hank's...Children's Fashion Show the Next Morning

Linz called earlier this week to see if I wanted to check out a Texas-country band that was playing at Hank's in McKinney on Friday...could I say "yes" fast enough? I have missed live music in funky places since I moved from Austin, and this evening had potential! So, I dusted off my high heeled boots (literally--they had a layer of dust), stuffed my post-baby body into the largest pair of "goin' out jeans" I own, asked Linz to bring me some funky jewelry, and had my eye brows waxed for the first time since baby (something had to look good!) and we headed out.

We had an absolute blast. The place is funky, the people were entertaining--some more than others (think large guy dancing on a table...hmmm), and the band was lots of fun. Oh...and margaritas are served in a dog bowl and shared--go figure--it was a conversation starter for sure. Slurp.

I kept looking at my phone to see if I had a call from Daddy; turns out he had an easy night with O as he slept the whole time I was out!! Thanks for the night out, Linz.

This morning, we went to watch two of O's friends strike a pose on the runway! Are they not the cutest little models you have ever seen? E struck a pose for me at the end of the runway; I think all of the practice posing for me when we had our playdate a couple of weeks ago was still on his mind! The little girl belongs to one of the guys on my team at work...isn't she pretty in pink? Way to go little ones!


0 comments: