Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Mother's Day with Baby O

We traveled to Grammie and Paw Paw Mc's house for our first Mother's Day with Baby O. All week, O and I had worked on capturing his little conversations in one of those cards where you can record 10 seconds of message and then it is followed by a song. Daddy Q and I had not yet had so many laughs with O as we did last week trying to accomplish this feat. O "talks" a lot! He makes many sounds and gets pretty tuned up at times. So, I thought that getting some of these early conversations would be a cinch--not so much. Every time I sat with O and held the button to record, he would get quiet and stare at me. I guess the "beep" that tells you to begin your message told O to stop and listed ;-) Daddy Q and I had quite a laugh. O would be talking a lot, so I would run over with the card--then, nothing. It probably took over 100 times to get very little to record. Oh well--Grammie still liked it. Grandma Q, we have one for you, too, but it could be a while before we can make it happen again!

Since O has starting doing so many new, fun things, he showed off this weekend! Here he is in what Grammie calls a "Johnny Jump Up." He would tilt to one side, and then involuntarily spin in a circle. It makes me laugh out loud again just thinking of it!

He rolled over...a lot!

We went for a walk... Daddy Q was taking a much needed nap and woke to an empty house (sorry!). We went to check out the location where playground equipment is going to be installed! Baby O can't wait!


Grammie and I fed O some cereal--yummy! He is getting more practiced at eating with a spoon.

Today, we went to church. Here we are before heading out the door!and at lunch!




...and back home just before getting a bath and going to bed.
O, being your Mom is the best gift that I could ever have been given. You are the light of my life and I love you immensely! Thank you for the laughs, tears of joy, and twinges of love I feel when I am around you each and every day. I love you, Punkadoo!

0 comments: