Sunday, May 18, 2008

I will miss you, Baby O!

Look at me! Tomorrow morning I leave on my first "real" business trip since I returned to work in March. {I did go to Corpus Christi for one night in April. But, the trip I go on tomorrow is different/longer.} I will leave early in the morning and not be home until Wednesday late afternoon. I am sad to leave Baby O, but know that I have to take this step and that once I am there, I will probably be fine. But, tonight I am sad about it.

This afternoon I was trying to think about anything I needed to show/tell Daddy Q before I go. I mean, Daddy Q is awesome with Baby O. He is good at putting on the diapers, good at making and feeding bottles, matches Baby O's socks to his outfit, and gets him to bed without too much trouble. But, Daddy Q does not give baths or make cereal... While these are two things that are not going to throw things off too badly if forgotten ...baby needs a bath at least once in three days?!? ...no cereal, and Daddy Q will have to get up for a bottle or two in the night?!?!

Yeah...I am one cool dude.
I decided I would make sure Daddy Q know what to do, and began concentrating on the book I was reading to Baby O...all of this thinking was being done as we sat in the floor of his bedroom reading Jungle Jeep. O was sitting in front of me, where he could lean back on me. We got to the 'surprise sound' at the end and O leaned back on me. It was then that I realized I had not really been supporting him much while he was sitting and I was reading...I mean, I don't know if I was helping him at all.

So, I sat him back up and then moved back. He was sitting on his own!! Oh my goodness! Faithful blogger, and nutty mom that I am, I ran to get the camera!

My crazy mom! If I had known she would be this excited, I would have done this days ago!


Here you are...these are the first photos of the first time that Baby O sat up by himself! In the last one, I think he is laughing at me because I am so excited for him! In fact, just today we were at Learning Express, and I was paying while juggling O on the counter. I told the lady that I didn't want to rush him into growing up, but boy was I ready for him to be able to sit on his own.

I am so glad to have had this moment with him tonight. It will give me some fun pictures to look at while I am in NYC!

0 comments: