Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nine Months Old Today

Seriously?? Nine whole months? I truly cannot believe how quickly little O is growing. This morning's scale photo was really, really a funny experience. O has gotten the hang of this. Today, I tried to lay him on his back first...no way Jose. So...I sat him up, starting singing, and he just posed, smiled, and stayed still so that I could get the shot and he could go back to playing. Does that mean that he is on this side of a camera too often?

Happy Nine Month B-day, O! This last month, you have really started to enjoy reading books. Your favorite is So Big, with Elmo's Playday a close second (it has the buttons that make noise when you push them--great fun). Right behind those are the "Where is Baby's..." books. The one in your hand is from Parker--it is "Where is Baby's Pumpkin" and you LOVE to lift the flaps.
You have become a serious mama's boy this month. I can't leave the room for a second without you getting mad and quick-crawling behind me. And when we see each other first thing in the morning, or when I walk back into the room, I always get a bigger-than-you smile. You are a doll. Your kisses have gotten way more frequent and you even give them to Mimi when you go see her in the morning.
Your sense of humor is beyond words. After most things you do, you look for a response from your audience. If we laugh, then you do it over and over and over. Really fun stuff, dude! This morning, you hit me in the nose and I said "honk, honk." Then, I tapped your nose, and you made the same noise and then grinned from ear to ear and looked for a big laugh from mama--you got it, little man!
This last picture is posted by request from Aunt Julie ;-) No...he isn't wearing the A&M shirt, which would make it more funny for all. But, the infamous Hook 'Em finger suck is captured on photo and posted! O is in the playroom watching a movie. The car used to keep him from going to stand right by the tv; but, this week, he perfected a dismount and will only stay on it as long as he wants.

Nine things at nine months:

1. O can throw a ball like nobody's business. He is so funny. He stretches his arm overhead and then catapults the ball. Sometimes it goes all wonky, so O quick-crawls after it to do it again and get it to me. Yesterday, O and his friend Parker actually played their first game of catch. They each had a mini-football and threw them to each other. Only did it a couple of times, but it was funny.

2. Nicknames: Punkadoo, Boogga, Mr. Fuss (its back).

3. He can walk if you hold one of his hands and walk beside him. But, for the first time in his little life, he prefers to sit/crawl, to stand and walk.

4. He and I go out and check the mail in the afternoon and then sit in the yard and look through it. This month, O had more mail addressed to him than Daddy Q and me combined (not counting junk mail, of course). He looks at his cards, invites, etc. forEVER and doesn't tear them apart. He is proud of his mail. After the mail, we sit and watch folks driving by. I am trying to teach him to wave, so we (ahem, I) get lots of practice waving.

5. O has gotten so much personality. When he is in a good mood, he is tons of fun. But, when he is not....anyone want a nine month old for a day?

6. His two bottom teeth are well on there way in. His two top teeth just broke through!!!

7. This is the first month O lost weight--he is 19 pounds 5 ounces. Poor guy, he was so sick and has not had much appetite. I hope we gain it back and then some, 'cause I love the chubb.

8. If he hears the Gerber can with his snacks in them, he's gotta have 'em. It is serious business if he doesn't get any.

9. My heart melts every single time I get a kiss and hug from the little man. It is the absolute sweetest thing in the world.

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Happy 9 months! He's cute as ever. I can't believe he's getting so close to one year!!