Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby Q2 Update

I had my 28 week doctor appointment today. My midwife wanted to schedule a C-Section in the event that I don’t go into labor on my own. She didn’t want me to go past 39 weeks, and the 4th of July holiday threw a wrench in the timing. Got the news later today, that Baby Q2 will be delivered on June 29th, at 12:30. So…unless I go into labor on my own before then, that is when we get to meet our new little boy or girl!!

I really would like to have a VBAC, and will do a trial of labor if I go into labor on my own before 6/29 {maybe on 6/28--Grammie and G.G.'s shared b-day?!?!}, but I don't feel like the odds are in favor of this! I will say that having a date has given me a new level of excitement--I was pretty shocked by my reaction since I want so badly not to schedule a baby. I guess the facts that -- I cannot wait to meet Owen's little brother or sister, cannot wait to hold a newborn in my arms again, cannot wait to watch these two grow up together, cannot lose sight that having a healthy baby is way more important than having the birthing experience I really hoped for, AND, the end got 2 weeks closer {which is 2 less weeks of pregnancy in a Texas summer} ...made this pretty darn exciting news to me today.

Yay!! Can’t wait to meet Baby Q2! I have a strong feeling it’s a boy {not that it means much, since last time I had a strong feeling it was a girl--I think my "maternal instinct" is broken}.

10 weeks to go!!!!

0 comments: