Thursday, April 30, 2009

It feels like the last day of school before summer vacation...

I can't beleive that April 30th is here...and almost over now!! Since January, when I officially made the decision to request a long, long, long leave of absence from work, and since March when I learned it was approved, I have had this day marked on my calendar and counted down toward it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my professional life, will dearly miss all of my work friends (many who feel like family--{except for the one that is family--won't miss him since I see him every day}), and will miss my clients. BUT, I love being a Mama, too and am so excited to have this opportunity!

Today was not as emotional as I thought it may be....I have been very mentally prepared for it, I guess. AND, I still have one more month of being on call to support my team if they need me, so it isn't over, over. But, I won't be going back to the office. At least, not until September 2010....that's a long time from now!!

Tonight, some girlfriends and I went out to celebrate my last day in the office and Shanon's birthday!! What fun!!!

The pic of all five of us came out blurry...the waiter didn't focus on us ;-) But, here we all are in two separate pics...

Shanon {happy birthday!!} and Erin {cute hair, BTW, forgot to tell you tonight}

me, Val, and Megan!


So fun! Girls, I am so excited to join the ranks of the SAHMs!!! -- now, if we can only get Shanon to join us!!
To the team formerly known as Team Stroud... I appreciate so much having had the opportunity to work with all of you. You guys all rock and I will miss the most *important* parts of the job, like....the buckets, Keno, team meetings {such as those had on the top floor of the Dunhill in Charlotte}, the *awesome* Madlibs {should I post the all-time-best-one--you-know-where ___ rescued ___ from a sinking car--on this blog?} and, well, a lot more that I just can't think of now cause its late. You all are awesome and I know that Teams Hoyt, Meli, Collins, and Manning will make the Top 10 Teams list in an Annual Meeting in the not too distant future!!
I do have a beautiful vase to remind me of all of you daily--thank you so much!!! I LOVE it!!!
Off to bed now! I have a big day tomorrow...my first day at home with Owen, full time!!

0 comments: