Saturday, May 23, 2009

Did we have a busy day, or what?

Not only did Owen have a busy week this week {we had an activity every day....swim on monday, gymboree tuesday, swim wednesday, soccer tots on thurs, and swim again on fri}, but we topped it off with a busy Saturday. Good thing our Sunday and Monday will be low key!!!

Our day started with a road trip to East Texas for Miss Kaela's {Johnna's daughter} 3rd birthday party!!!! After lots of play time, the kiddos ate pizza, birthday cake, and watched the sweet girl open her gifts!!

Owen, with Addison (Jaleesa's little girl) and Rhett (Chad P.'s little boy).

Owen, Addison, Rhett, Queenie, and Rider {Chad P.'s youngest}.

The birthday girl....she was sitting across from the others and I couldn't get them all in the same frame...
Blowing out the candles!!!
Once we made it back home, we hung out in the backyard to let Owen exercise his legs a bit--5 hours in the car--what a trooper!!

Paw Paw Mc got Owen this fun golf set...here he is lining up a shot!

and...hmmmm...did he hit the ball? Maybe little man should stick with soccer!
Later, he mowed. As background to the next two pics, I have to share that our neighbor, Steve, is ALWAYS in the yard. He is an expert at taking care of the yard and is meticulous about it. If anyone on the block needs tips...you go to Steve! Daddy Q, on the other hand, isn't quite the natural out there. I could go into details about the trials and tribulations we had doing our own yard before we outsourced, but that is another post for another day. Lets just say that we both had a lot of laughs in the yard when we first became home owners....
So, Owen was trolling right along at a good clip and I made the comment to Daddy Q that "he looked like our neighbor, Steve, out there." Just look at those happy feet! He is so in his element!!
Then, apparently something happened with his mower, and Owen stopped, started shaking it back and forth, tipped it over, came around to the front of it to check it out, and then threw a bit of a tantrum. Daddy Q said..."and now, he looks like me." Oh my, I am laughing so hard I may cry just typing this. I hope the humor comes across for you, too!!
Lastly, we grilled out for dinner. Before hand, Daddy Q served us chips and salsa. Little man was lovin' him some salsa! He is a major double-dipper {I mean, its worse that two dips...more like ten to twelve}, though. We'll have to work on that or no one will want to share salsa with my spice-lovin' little friend.
I said to Daddy Q that I couldn't believe he was eating so much of it...was this normal? Daddy Q said, I don't think its that hot. Then, Owen started blowing on it to cool it off ;-)

What a fun day! Good to see my friends from high school!!! I miss you all so much and loved seeing your little ones!!

0 comments: