Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend at Grammie & Mac's

Owen and I traveled to Grammie & Mac's for Mother's Day Weekend. G.A. Julie came over to hang out with us, too! We had a great time and Mama Q got to take lots of naps and sleep in late...what a great Mother's Day Treat!!!

Every morning, Paw Paw Mc shared breakfast with Owen. There is not much that Owen likes more than eating and spending time with his Paw Paw Mc....the 2 combined...what a treat!!
Later, Mac took him for a ride in the ATV he won in that big bass tournament! Owen had fun, but didn't convince Mac not to sell it. So...it is for sale....any takers? ATV not for you? How about a brand new RV (I have pics of that, too!)?!?!

That night, we had crawfish and shrimp!!! This little guy didn't know what he was in for! But, boy was dinner YUMMY!
While Mac took care of dinner, Owen entertained the rest of us.
Owen was showing G. A. Julie the airplanes. This pic is taken just after Owen quit watching it...bummer...would have been cuter if they were still both looking ;-)
Owen showing Grammie his new water ball. Owen did not like the water sprinkling the way it is supposed to. We had to turn it way down to a trickle for the little man to get close to it.

This made me laugh. In the bath, I am constantly adjusting the faucet and feeling the water temp until we get it just right. Owen often copies me, even though he can't move the faucet to be colder or warmer....he just goes through the motions. Well....playing with the water ball, he walked on over to the faucet to "adjust" it....
and then came back to "check the temp." Too darn funny. It really is amazing what kids pick up from you...isn't it?
Me and my little boy on Mother's Day.

So, tonight while Owen was eating dinner, he pointed to my belly and said "baby" in the most east texas accent I have ever heard come from his little mouth. First, where did he learn that there is a baby in there? I haven't been telling him 'cause I figured he was too little to get it and I fear that he will go up to anyone with a big tummy, point to it, and say "baby." That would be embarrassing! Once, 2 weeks ago, Mimi and Stevie told him there was a baby in my tummy. Last week , Erin told Mr. N. Could O really have picked that up from those 2 mentions? I guess, but I was FLOORED! Second, I cannot believe the accent he uses when he said "baby". Mine is bad, but there is one person I know who has a stronger one than me....Erin. Maybe that is a clue as to where Owen picked up that there is a bay-beee in there!!!
Ha ha!

0 comments: