Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun Stuff, I Tell 'Ya!

Owen is teething big time right now. Poor little guy is getting all four of his cuspids at once. Ouch! But, when the Motrin is kicked in, he is just as much fun as ever!

Breakfast with Owen is usually his best meal. Best, being defined as the one where he not only eats the most in one sitting, but also refrains from throwing his bowl/spoon/fork/food at me to indicate he is "Da Done" {Owen speak for "All Done").

Saturday morning, as I was unloading the dishwasher, I looked over at Owen. He was watching Sesame Street and trying to balance his bowl on his head....
...when he realized I was looking...I got a big "Da Done, Mama".

One of Punkadoo's new "things" is to put on either Daddy Q's or my shoes. Here he is trying on my new Reef flips.... these have a little "heel" to them, so wasn't sure how little man would do once he got them on....

from here he took off, and did just fine -- for about 3 steps. Not sure I want my little boy to be any better than that in heels ;-)

Saturday afternoon, Daddy Q was cravin' some McDonald's. I heart McDs. I know most of you reading this blog probably never set foot in fastfood restaurants like this, but boy, it has a special place in my heart! I have always been a big fan...as a kid, I understand that my folks would create reasons for me to have to be in the floorboard anytime we passed a Micky D's to prevent me from throwing a wall-eyed temper tantrum if we didn't stop.
Owen had never tried McD's before...so, Saturday was a big day. Here it is...his first happy meal!
Slurp.
Ahhh!
The coolest part for Owen? The little toy that came inside the box. This army dude riding a squirrel {how seriously random is that?!?!--must be a movie out that I have totally missed} kept Owen entertained for a good 15 - 20 minutes. Hilarious!


I am working on a book for Owen that shows the people, places, and things in his life today, along with pictures of him going through his daily routine. Here are a few from bathtime tonight that I will use in the book.

Swimming lessons got this little man back in the bathtub, and happy, happy, happy!!!

I am so thankful to have a toddler that can smile and enjoy life even through the very worst of teething. This little man melts my heart in so many ways! I hope his little brother or sister {who will be here in 4 weeks---yikes!} follows in this happy boy's footsteps!

0 comments: