Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Splash 101 is lots of fun {now that Owen has gotten the hang of it}

Last week, we started swim lessons with our friends Parker and Emma. After the first class, I thought that this may be a lost cause for Owen. He HATED it with a capital H. A. T. E. and D. He cried for about 20 minutes of the 30 minute class. Poor fellow. We didn't participate with Parker, Emma, and the other little boy, Joshua, in our class. Instead, I just played with Owen in the very, very shallow water trying to inch him deeper and deeper. We finally got so deep that I think the bottom of his knees may have gotten a tad wet....

Then, on Monday (class number 2)...a complete 180 degree turn.

Today, the same Owen who showed up on Monday came to class with me...he really enjoyed it. These pics are from today, class number three.

Here are the boys chillin' before class....

Emma, Queen of the Pool, with the boys. This girl is a fish...she LOVES the water.
The class doing the hokey pokey with Miss Lindsey, our teacher.

Emma giving Parker a big 'ole kiss....apparently WITH Dad's permission ;-) John, when I saw this pic, I have to admit I was shocked. You sure talked a big game in Lamaze about making your little girl wait ;-)
Owen preparing to jump into the water. He jumps in {so long as my hands are near}, goes under the water, and comes up smiling. Who'ld have thought?!?!
Mama Q and her sweet, swimmin' boy. Thanks for taking the pics for us, Valerie!!

0 comments: