Sunday, October 4, 2009

is it really october already?

phew. we had a busy rest-of-the-week! here's a quick post to update! but first...my cuties in their halloween jammies. aren't they scrumptious????
wednesday morning, owen took Chippie and Maureen to SoccerTots. they got to watch him in action and see how a bunch of 18 mos - 2 1/2 year olds follow directions...or not.

a funny thing owen does these days....he uses a ball as a chair when he needs a little break from the action. he did this at the fair, too, with the basketball he won. he also does it in the backyard when he needs a break. i think it is really, really funny...don't know why, but i do.
Wednesday after naps, we took Chippie and Maureen to the pumpkin patch at the arboretum. Daddy Q took a pic of me and my sweet boys.
just owen and a line o pumpkins...
Thursday morning was family chapel at Owen's school. Its the day that the parents get to stay and attend chapel with our kiddos. When it was time for Owen's class to go, they all filed out of the room holding their teacher's hands. Owen saw me and smiled as big as Dallas. He was so full of pride and just had a look on his little face that said "Mama, look at what I am doing. aren't you proud?" It melted my heart and made me so happy for him. That's Owen in the orange shirt up at the front....
Once in chapel, Owen went and sat right next to the teacher. He seemed conflicted about whether to sit there, like I assume he usually does, or with me. Kinda like he wasn't sure what he was allowed to do. I motioned for him to come sit with Liam and me, so he did. When they sang the B-I-B-L-E song, they did their hands like the Bible...Owen folded Liam's so that he was participating, too. It was so cute. This was a special time and I am glad I got to go.
Saturday, the Aggies played. I got the boys all dressed up in the overalls (or dungarees as Chippie called them) that Grammie made them. They are Yell Leader overalls and the boys looked so cute in them!




Chippie and Maureen left that afternoon. It was sad to say good-bye, but we do know we will see them again at Christmas, which made this good-bye more of a see-ya-soon, which is easier.
While Daddy Q took them to the airport, I took the boys down to the airstip near our house to watch for planes....we saw one flying, but didn't see any land at the strip where we were. maybe one day we will actually be there on a day they are flying....
Saturday night, Noble and Zach came over to play while all of the parents watched what turned out to be a very dissappointing game.

Tonight, Noble and Erin came over for dinner, play time, and bathtime.

...and now, its bedtime! Off to the fair tomorrow for a charicature re-do. I will be sure to make it home with the masterpiece this time!

0 comments: