Monday, October 5, 2009

State Fair of Texas - Take Two!

Well...I couldn't stand it. I missed having that caricature of the boys so much that I took them BACK TO THE STATE FAIR! Yes, I am that crazy! Gerard and I had one done in Venice and it hangs in our front room. I wanted this one to go next to it. I was sick over losing it. So, Take Two!

Same lady, same kids, different artwork...but, still cute and TOTALLY worth going back for!Oh...and we did other things, too! Lara and Austin came out to the fair with us. We had a great time eating, playing games, strolling, petting animals, and watching AJ ride rides!!

First stop...corn dogs for Owen and AJ. Owen dove right in; but, AJ's was too hot. I looked down and all three boys had a mouthful of something....too funny!

Owen feeding a goat. There were also camels, giraffes, zebras, kangaroos...you name it, they could pet it. This was by far Owen's favorite part this trip. Liam was asleep in the Bjorn for this big adventure!
Lara and AJ flying high. Next, I went to ride with AJ and Owen. Yeah...that didn't work. Owen didn't want to go AT ALL. So, the attendant took him over to Lara and then started the ride before we could switch moms. Lara had my two crying boys while I got to ride with her adventurous little man! AJ and I had a blast...sorry Lara, Owen, and Liam ;-( But, it was a fun few minutes on the ride with AJ!

Owen watching the Marine Corp band. This was really cool!!!

Maybe we'll go again next week ;-)

0 comments: