Tuesday, October 26, 2010

52 days...

...until BOTH of these little guys are big brothers! We are busy making preparations for the new baby. In just 7.5 weeks there will be three Quinlan kiddos. It will be fun; but, I do anticipate that it will take some effort to get into a new groove. I absolutely love having "close in age" siblings, though. I mean...how else (short of twins) can you have one boy wearing his gray/green/orange camo shorts one day and then the other boy wearing them the next ;-) Owen looked at Liam's capri shorts and said, hey, I have some like those. Yes, yes you DID. Ha! And, oh boy, Liam is just as cute in them as Owen is/was.

Today at the park, after our friends all left and it was just my boys and I, we talked about the new baby coming. I asked Owen if he was looking forward to having Liam move into his bedroom...he said that he certainly is. He also wants his baby "sister" to share a room with them (he is convinced it is going to be a sister). I asked Liam if he wanted a baseball bed like Owen...."yeah" was his response ;-)

In the car, we were talking about playing with our friends at the park and Owen asked me where Liam's friends were. I replied that we did probably need to make more friends for Liam. And he said, "no, mom, Liam's okay. He can share my friends with me and so can our baby sister." So sweet that I almost, for at least 2 seconds, forgot about how much they are arguing and fighting each evening.

Liam doesn't quite know what he's in for yet. But, in just 52 days, this little bit will be a big brother....
...he almost looks the part.

0 comments: