Sunday, October 10, 2010

Brothers Playing Ball

Owen and Liam both came out of the womb loving balls. They both have the crazy ability to pick up sports equipment and figure out what to do with it. First, the soccer ball...they both dribbled it with their arms when they crawled...then, with their feet as they learned to walk. Later, came baseball bats, tennis rackets, basketball hoops, ... you name it. Well...nothing has shocked me more than this game of "baseball" my 15 month old and 2 and a half year old played the other day.
Owen held a racket and asked Liam to pitch the ball to him. He showed Liam what his "goal" was by throwing the ball in the air and swinging at it. Liam took the ball, walked to the middle of the grass, and pitched it over to Owen. I was flabbergasted.

They did this for about 5 minutes before Liam lost interest and was ready to try hitting it himself.

They were in terrible light for good photos...but, I still ran in to get my camera. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Liam still seems so little to me. So, to see him figure out what Owen wanted, and then be pretty darn good at it, was crazy, crazy, crazy to me.

I think little man was kinda proud of himself, too. He had me laughing and clapping. And, Owen kept saying "good job, wiam".
Then, Owen got to being really silly throwing the ball for himself. It made little man laugh....cute, huh?
And...then, they moved on to another game. One that makes me cringe....
...but, that I think I will have to get used to.

0 comments: