Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finding what works.

Taking pictures of the boys is fun for me. Taking pictures of both boys looking at the camera, with a natural expression, and in a natural pose. Now...that's a challenge. I usually LOVE challenges, but since I am on bed rest for high blood pressure, something tells me challenging is not what I need at the moment.

This morning, though, I was taking a "break" from bed rest to get the boys to school. They are wearing their coordinating truck shirts. I ordered both shirts a couple of months ago from a vender in England. Liam's came in right away. Owen's was on back order. Owen had picked it out himself from the catalogue, so was very sad it wasn't there. Everytime Liam wore his, Owen asked about where his shirt was. Well...it came in the mail yesterday. Owen was so excited that he carried it around all evening.

Today, he got to wear it to school. Before school, I asked if he and Liam should have their picture made in thier shirts. Oh yes.

Since Liam has started trying to do just about anything Owen does, I decided to see what happened if I asked them to stand next to the fence,
let me count to three,
smile and then....
run toward me.
And, this is what I got.
Not bad...but, nothing I could put on the front of a Christmas card either.
So, while I still need to work on finding a good trick for getting great images of two energetic boys, I am also struggling to find what level of "rest" works for my body. I over did it today. I thought that I could take the boys to school, rest, and then pick them up. I can't. It was too much. I almost passed out in the church while getting Owen. It was scary. Not good.
So, it looks like I will be in bed a lot, which means that even thought I will have loads of time, I won't have too much to blog about. The blog may be quiet for a while. But, bear with us. I will, sooner rather than later, have lots and lots of photos of THREE healthy babies that am sure to keep the blog buzzing.

0 comments: