Thursday, November 18, 2010

oh owen.

Owen has been such a trooper with me on bed rest. He is old enough to understand that I can't do very much because my doctor has told me not to and that it is so the baby can keep growing bigger. He will sit on the couch with me and watch tv, play games on the computer, read books, etc. for a lot longer than I ever expected. The other day, he was upstairs playing with Lina and Liam, and I heard him tell Lina, "I'm going to go down and sit with my mommy for a while, I will be back." It was so sweet.

He is growing up too fast, though. He seems to have decided that if I can't be the one to help him do something, well, then he'll just do it by himself. He told Lina that he only needs one mommy, not two. So, he now goes potty completely on his own (this is quite nice). He gets himself dressed and undressed with very little help. He will carry a little stool around the kitchen so he can get his own silverware, snacks, drinks, etc.

Overall, he has adjusted pretty well to the change in our routine. There are times when I can tell the stress of it is getting to him. He has had a few very major melt downs over seemingly small things. But, overall, he is being such a trooper.


0 comments: